Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Don't Rely on the Scale

The scale doesn't tell you how much fat you have. Your scale does exactly what it's supposed to—it tells you how much you weigh. But in addition to measuring your weight, the scale weighs bone, water, muscle, organs, and undigested food. When the number on the scale goes up or down, it doesn't represent only fat loss or muscle gain. It measures fluctuations in glycogen (stored carbohydrates) and water, and it even measures how much that breakfast you ate weighs.
Each one of us are driven by different things. "How important is the number on the scale to you?"
I have learned to only weigh myself once a week at the same time and first thing in the am. Your body weight fluctuates so much from day to day based on water, sodium and just life so I really encourage you not to step on each day! I also encourage you to not let that drive how you feel. Let your body and your clothes tell the story! 
I remember my own impatience in my weight loss journey! I really struggled with not seeing immediate changes. I remember how painful it was each day to look in the mirror and sometimes not see anything different. But I had the faith that I was going to be different and the scale wasn't going to wreck me! I learned to only get on once a week! Fast forward, I don't get on the scale at all!!

No comments :

Post a Comment